To help focus your selection process, ask yourself the following questions.
You can print out the questionnaire and refer to it as you read through the site and while visiting a designer’s showroom.
1. Do I want a smooth or textured feel?
2. Do I want the ease of cleaning an integral sink?
3. Do I like a consistent color or one that’s broken up by granules or veins or that’s patterned?
4. Do I care if the materials are natural or manmade?
5. Will I want to chop, slice, and dice on my countertops or can I make do with a cutting board?
6. Will I want to roll dough on them?
7. Do I care if I can set hot pots on them?
8. Am I going to worry that my kids or my guests will spill orange juice or red wine on them?
9. Do I have time to often reseal them?